Every time we consider losing a few kilos, it is essential to reduce caloric intake, play sports, drink at least two liters of water a day and eat a varied diet that includes oily fish, lean meat, legumes (once a week) and, above all, everything, vegetables Vegetables should be part of all the dishes on the daily menus and be accompanied by proteins, which satiate and favor the muscle growthcalorie burning and cell regeneration. Salads should be varied and do not bring sauces or bread or any hypercaloric product.
Normally, lettuce is usually chosen, combined with tomato, onion, carrot, cucumber, chicken, turkey, tuna, avocado, olive oil, egg, roasted red peppers…. But there is an ingredient that we usually leave out and that is essential to achieve our goals: The spinach.
- Low in calories. Spinach is very low in calories, which makes it ideal to include in a diet. One cup of raw spinach contains only 7 calories, which means you can eat large amounts of spinach without worrying about gaining weight.
- Rich in fiber. In addition to being low in calories, spinach is high in fiber. Fiber is important to maintain Feeling full longer and reduce appetite, which can help control the amount of food you eat. Additionally, fiber is essential for digestive health and can help prevent constipation.
- Contains protein. Although spinach is not a significant source of protein, it does contain a significant amount. Protein, like fiber, is important for weight loss as it can help reduce appetite and increase the feeling of satiety. In addition, it is essential for the maintenance and repair of body tissues.
- Low glycemic index. Spinach has a low glycemic index, which means that it they do not raise blood sugar levels significantly. Foods with a high glycemic index can cause blood sugar levels to rise and fall rapidly, which can increase appetite and with it food intake.
- Rich in vitamins and minerals. Spinach is rich in vitamins and minerals essential for health, such as vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin K, iron, calcium, magnesium, and folic acid. These nutrients are important for keeping the body healthy and fit, and They can help increase metabolism and burn calories. Both vitamin A and C also contribute to maintaining healthy skin and hair.
- Anti-inflammatory. Spinach contains anti-inflammatory compounds such as vitamin C, beta-carotene and flavonoids, which can help reduce inflammation in the body. Chronic inflammation can contribute to weight gain and resistance to weight loss.
- They also contain antioxidants such as lutein and zeaxanthin, which may help prevent cell damage and reduce the risk of chronic disease. These diseases include hypertension and cardiovascular health. Spinach is an excellent food for bone health and for the prevention of osteoporosis thanks to the calcium it provides.
Why spinach is good for weight loss
Four healthy ways to prepare spinach
- Salad: Spinach is a great base for a fresh and healthy salad. Add some vegetables, such as cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, and grated carrots, and combine everything with a light dressing.
- Sauteed: You can sauté spinach in a pan with a little olive oil and garlic to create a quick and tasty dish. Add some mushrooms, onions, or bell peppers for extra flavor.
- Green Smoothies: Green smoothies are an easy and delicious way to incorporate spinach into your daily diet. Mix the spinach with other fruits and vegetables, such as apples, kiwis, pineapples or cucumbers, and a little water or almond milk to create a refreshing and healthy drink.
- Spinach chips: Spinach chips are a healthy alternative to French fries. Simply place the spinach on a baking sheet, add a little olive oil and salt, and bake until crisp.
It is important to consult with a specialist in the event that the diet does not have the desired effects, so that they carry out a study on eating habits, lifestyle and diet to try to determine what is causing us to not lose weight or we do not do it at the desired pace.