The mortal remains of the young Galician woman who died as a result of the explosion of the Hotel Saratoga in Havana will leave late this Wednesday from Cuba to Spainso, taking into account the time change, they are expected to arrive on Thursday afternoon.
This has been explained, in statements to the media collected by Europa Press, the Government delegate, Jose Minoneswhich has reiterated that the Spanish Executive is “in direct contact” with the embassy and the consulate in Cuba, as well as with the families of the deceased young woman and the injured boy, to whom he has shown “all the solidarity” and “all the support” of the institutions.
as he said Jose Minonesit is expected that the mortal remains of Cristina, born in Viveiroleave for Spain at the end of this Wednesday, with which, taking into account the time change, they trust that this Thursday afternoon “he can already be with his family in Galicia”.
“We are looking at the issue of flight schedules to make the fit,” said Miñones, who still does not know the moment in which he will land in national territory.
The mayor of Viveiro, Mary LoureiroHe said, in statements collected by EFE, that the residents of this Mariñana town, especially those who knew the deceased young woman, are “dismayed and sad” by this fatal “coincidence.”
“Who would have thought on Friday, when we heard the news of the explosion, that a neighbor” was going to be among the fatalities, “who could have imagined it,” he wondered.
“We feel,” said Loureiro, “very sad” and the people in the town speak of “the damn coincidence”, that the victim really had “very bad luck.”
Along the same lines, the sub-delegate of the Government in Lugo, Elizabeth Rodriguezhas confirmed that the remains are scheduled to leave “at the last minute” for Spain this Wednesday and has reiterated that they are in “permanent contact” with the relatives to offer them “all the support and collaboration they need” at this time.
THE INJURED IS EVOLVING WELL
On the other hand, the Government delegate has confirmed that the person injured in the explosion, a young man from As Pontes, partner of the deceased, is progressing well from his injuries, although he is still in serious condition, admitted to a hospital in Havana.
“What they have told us is that it is evolving favorably”, said Miñones, who considers that the forecasts in this case are “very positive”.
“We hope that next week or, at the latest, the following, we can have it in Spain,” he settled.
The number of deceased increases
The death toll after the explosion last Friday at the Saratoga hotel in Havana rose to 43, the Cuban Ministry of Public Health (MINSAP) reported on Tuesday.
According to the updated government report, 17 people remain hospitalized, of which six are in serious condition and two in critical condition.
The total number of injuries from the blast rose to 97, one more than in the morning report, as well as one additional death. Also, a total of 37 people have been discharged.
All the dead so far are of Cuban nationality, with the exception of the Spanish, as well as one of the wounded (his partner).