To drink lemon water it has many health benefits. Lemon is a fruit that helps purify the body and contributes to weight loss. In addition, this fruit contains fiber, protein, calcium, ironiodine, magnesiumzinc, sodium, potassium, phosphorus, selenium, thiamine, riboflavin, niacin, folates; besides that it contributes vitamins A, B6, B12, C, D and E.
To be effective on a diet, around two liters of lemon water should be taken daily. How is it prepared? the preparation is simple. For 250 ml, the juice of a lemon. For 2 liters, the juice of 12 lemons.
Drinking lemon water daily has a number of health benefits:
- 1.- Stimulates your immune system, creating defenses against viruses and bacteria.
- 2.- Increase the iron absorption of food.
- 3.- It has properties antiseptic. Cleanses the kidneys, liver and blood and promotes the formation of collagen and favors cartilage, skin and wound healing thanks to vitamin C.
- 4.- It is antibacterial, so it helps to alleviate some respiratory diseases and throat inflamation.
- 5.- It helps to alkalize your body, and thus, maintain the PH balance of your body. By regulating acidity, it helps the body remove excess uric acid from the joints, giving it beneficial anti-inflammatory powers against arthritis.
- 6.- It is a detoxifier, since stimulates the liver and helps you eliminate toxins.
- 7.- Take care of brainsince the potassium benefits the nervous system. Regular consumption of water with lemon improves the functioning of the general muscles, the heart and the kidneys.
- 8.- Relieves the sensation of nauseaby smelling the bark and drinking some lemon juice with warm water.
- 9.- Promotes good digestion, by mixing citric acid with the other nutrients in your food. If taken at night, it can help detoxify the colon, boost the immune system, prevent heartburn, relieve inflammation, and aid in weight loss. If taken in the morning, with warm water, it promotes good digestion and allows the body to release toxins.
- 10.- It is rich in antioxidantsso it helps your body stay young.
- 11.- Prevents anemiathanks to its great contribution of iron.
- 12.- Cardiohealthy: Citric acid that helps to oxidize and eliminate fats that hinder the work of the heart.
- 13.- Hydrates the body: Lemon water is the best isotonic drink that exists because it rehydrates the body after physical activity and replenishes electrolytes lost in sports activity.
- 14.- Activate the metabolism: Drinking lemon water Lemon water every morning helps to lose weight because it activates the metabolism and has satiating power thanks to its pectin fiber content. For weight loss to be effective, it must be accompanied by a balanced but calorie-restrictive diet and sports activity.
- fifteen.- Take care of the view: the combination of vitamin C and antioxidants protect the eyes from serious problems such as macular degeneration or cataracts.
But excessive consumption of lemon can also have adverse effects. So one of the risks that you run if you drink water with too much lemon and very frequently, you run the risk that the tooth enamel be damaged. Therefore, it is advisable to wash or rinse your mouth after drinking the lemon water.
Another possible side effect is that it can cause heartburn. In case you are a person with reflux problemsIt is better to reduce the amount of lemon and drink lemon water in moderation.
If the concentration of lemon is very high and it is taken regularly and continuously, it can cause dehydration problems due to its diuretic properties. In the event that taking it produces some strange sensation or discomfort, it is necessary to go to the doctor to try to explain what happened and see how it can be solved.