The president of Brazil, Jair bolsonaro, announced this Wednesday that he was discharged after spending two days admitted to a Sao Paulo hospital for an intestinal obstruction.
“Sign up now. Thank you all,” said the president in a message published on his social networks that he accompanied with a photograph in which he appears in bed surrounded by the team of doctors who have accompanied his case.
Vila Nova Star Hospital reports that “Mr. President Jair Messias Bolsonaro evolves with good acceptance of the liquid diet offered during the day, which led to the removal of the nasogastric tube,” says the report released early Tuesday night.
“The patient’s digestive picture shows signs of recovery. At the moment there is no discharge forecast,” concludes the note signed by surgeon Antonio Luiz Macedo and four other doctors.
Bolsonaro was urgently hospitalized last Monday after complaining of abdominal problems while enjoying a few days of vacation in the southern state of Santa Catarina.
The president had already entered, in mid-July of last year, to be treated for an intestinal obstruction. On that occasion, he stayed in the hospital for four days.
The Brazilian president’s problems began in 2018 when he was stabbed and since then he has undergone at least four surgeries that have made him more prone to intestinal disorders.