Izan Athletic, the candidacy led by Jon Uriarte, is the first to present the group of directors with which it aspires to win the Athletic elections. The candidate showed his group on Social Networks and then posted a video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjKZGjmCcv8) lasting one hour in which he gives voice to the members of a ‘sheet’ formed as “a team to transform Athletic. It is a team with many characteristics. In pre-campaign they cataloged us, perhaps with a pejorative tint, as a young candidate and others, but I hope that the fans realize that what we have, which for me is superior to the dream team“.
In the group there different profiles and people who have shaped Izan Athletic from different spheres. Among them is Jon Salinas, childhood friend of Jon Uriarte. “I coincided with him in Lauro Ikastola for two or three years and then we were together again in Jesuits. We have hit each other many times, but we are very good friends,” the candidate joked. Salinas added that “this is an exciting project. Athletic needs a change and I think Jon is the ideal person to lead what this club needs. He has a commendable capacity for work, tense and the ability to always surround himself with very good work teams”.
Igor San Roman, who established a relationship with the candidate from the University, “is the one who has pushed me the most to join this working group and is the brains of the campaign.” San Román commented that in this electoral race “we want a model that serves as an example of what we would do in the club. We are having a fresh campaign that reaches people and manages to generate illusion“. Xabi Álvarez, with the position of deputy secretarystressed that “we will find the best professionals” and pointed out that “the team’s plan is to aspire to titles. If someone does not expect goals, they will not achieve them and our objective in the process of excellence is the ambition to be winners, that we are not satisfied with arriving but rather winning“.
The management group of Uriarte has six women, including Goizalde Santamarina, daughter of Luis Pedro Santamarina, a cyclist which won the Itzulia in 1970 after having made its debut two years earlier with a stage victory in the Tour of Spain and the Giro. “Talent and values are key regardless of the organization,” insisted. also appears Garazi Unibaso, former Athletic playerwho joined the job in the pre-campaign and bets because “in a club like ours, all the footballers must have the best possible training because not all of them are going to be able to arrive” and Ainhoa Izaof which the candidate said that due to his professional experience he has “a very interesting profile in marketing and in recent years he has been specialized in the textile industry and can give a boost in that area to the work team that already exists in Ibaigane“.
IZAN ATHLETIC CANDIDACY
- President: Jon Uriarte
- First Vice President: Nerea Ortiz (Manager of BC3 – Basque Center for Climate Change),
- Second Vice President: Jon Ruigmez (Director of Itsasmuseum)
- Secretary: Jon Salinas (Counsel of Uria)
- Deputy Secretary: Xabi Álvarez (Founding Partner, CEO and Head of the Expansion and Innovation Area of Lawesome)
- Treasurer: Guillermo Ruiz-Longarte (Treasurer, CFO of Tubacex)
- Vice Treasurer: Adolfo Plaza (Financial Director of Laboral Kutxa)
- Members: Laura Ruiz de Azua (Commercial Director of Conservas Arroyabe), Igor San Román (Director of Socialitas), Josetxu Urrutia (Director of the Bizkaia and Cantabria Business Office of Laboral Kutxa), Goizalde Santamarina (Head of the Training and Development of IMH Campus), Ibon Naberan (General Director of All Iron Real Estate), Garazi Unibaso (Head of Systems at Albacora and former Athletic player), NachoUrigen (CEO of Irontec), Roque Echniz (McKinsey partner), Ana Dez ( partner of Management Solutions), Gorka Cubes (architect and member of the drafting committee for the new Athletic statutes), Ainhoa Iza (General Director of Savage Culture) and Egoitz Begoa (Partner of Arinsa).